Our ideal Senior Trainer candidates are comfortable leading group classes, as well as working one-on-one with clients in their homes. Experience with leash-to-leash aggression and dog-to-human aggression is preferred.
You must be enthusiastic about customer service, as well as dog training. We are looking for team players that love the challenges and rewards of working with dogs and their owners. Our positions are part-time, and weekends and evenings are a must. Compensation is commission based.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years previous experience teaching group training classes. CPDT (Certified Pet Dog Trainer), CTC (Certificate in Training and Counseling), or other approved dog training certification preferred, but not required
- Knowledge and belief of using positive reinforcement to modify behavior, especially aggression issues
- Understanding of modern training tools and equipment (collars, head collars, harnesses, thundershirts, etc.)
- Be able to speak in front of groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team is essential
To apply, please download the application, complete and return with your resume via email to email@example.com or fax to 312-564-4575.