Have a New Dog? Jump Start Training with Our New Intensive Program
Jump Start is the ideal solution for those of you who want to kick off your dog’s training to success but don’t have the time to do it yourself. Instead of traditional boot camps where you send your dog off for a few weeks, our trainers come to YOUR home and work with your dog one-on-one for 8 hours. A dog can be more successful when they learn on their own turf!
Here’s how it works:
- First, our experienced trainer meets with you and your dog to assess skill level and discuss goals.
- Next, our trainer works with your dog for 5 half hour sessions to teach and solidify basic behaviors. You get a worksheet after each session so you know what your pup accomplished that day.
- A one-hour session with you in the middle of the program lets you see the progress your dog has made so far.
- Then, it’s on to 5 more half hour sessions of training with our trainer and your dog while you go about your day.
- Finally, you receive a one hour wrap-up session with our trainer to transfer everything they have done with your dog so you can continue on the road to success.
How is this Program Different from Boot Camp?
Most boot camps require you to send your dog away to a facility for several weeks at a high price tag. With our positive reinforcement based training, your dog doesn’t need to leave the comfort of your home.Working in your home allows our trainers to address any specific issues your dog may be having in their environment. Our goal for the 8 hours is to get your dog doing the basic desired behaviors with mild distractions, then we pass those skills on to you to maintain the behaviors over time.
Our Director of Training, Nicole Stewart, outlines how this program is different from traditional boot camps and how your dog could benefit from it in her blog.
What Will My Dog Learn?
Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Find it, Leave it, Leash Walking and Go to Place, including attention and focus exercises.
Jump Start is designed for puppies and adult dogs who show no sign of aggression. (Service areas apply for Jump Start lessons; please contact us for more information.)
What’s the Schedule Like?
Schedule your dog’s training to fit your busy schedule. Ideally, the program should be completed in 2 – 3 weeks to create consistency for your dog.
What’s This Gonna Cost Me?
You get 8 hours of training for just $850. That’s $150 savings from our regular private training rates! But this introductory price won’t last long, so don’t delay.
Is there a Guarantee?
We don’t guarantee the “perfect dog” when the program is over. Training is a process that works towards reliability, but that can only be achieved through consistency and repetition throughout the maturation process. We do “the hard part” of getting dogs over the hump of learning a new behavior. We can’t guarantee reliability at the end of 8 hours… or ever.
How Do I Get Started?
Contact us at 312-564-4570 or email@example.com to Jump Start your dog’s training.